Two I-64 eastbound lanes closed downtown weekday mornings
Missouri Department of Transportation crews will close two lanes of eastbound Interstate 64 from 14th Street to 6th Street 5 a.m. weekday mornings until early May to prepare the roadway for upcoming repair work. All ramps into downtown will remain open, and the lanes will reopen by 2 p.m.
Repairs on I-270 between Manchester and I-44 at night
Crews continue to repair pavement on northbound and southbound I-270 between I-44 and Route 100 (Manchester Road) at night. Up to three lanes will be closed on southbound I-270 from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday and Friday. Up to three lanes will be closed on northbound I-270 from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Maintenance crews continue to take advantage of the warm temperatures to stripe interstates and state roadways over the next several weeks. Drivers should be aware of slow-moving vehicles painting stripes on the roadway during non-peak traffic hours.
National Work Zone Awareness Week kickoff
Next Monday, Missouri hosts the National Work Zone Awareness Week kickoff event on the Route 141 project in Chesterfield. The public is invited to attend the event at 10 a.m. on April 23. Each spring, transportation and safety officials highlight the importance of staying aware in work zones though National Work Zone Awareness Week. This year, the week is April 22- 28.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- I-255, St. Louis County, one right lane closed eastbound on the Jefferson Barracks Bridge until early June.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.