Do you like taking photos? Do you want a fun challenge, and a chance to win a $50 gift card to in Brentwood?
By uploading your favorite July 4th fireworks photo to this article, you'll automatically be entered into a random drawing for the gift card! Your photos will also be showcased across Patch. Just click "Upload Photos" above the article to submit your favorite photo.
After the the fireworks have cleared on Independence Day, we at St. Louis Patch will randomly select a winner. This contest will run from June 28 to Tuesday, July 10.
How to shoot photographs of fireworks
Capturing fireworks on camera is a challenge that can be mastered easily with the right equipment and settings on your camera. Read the above captions for a short tutorial to help you capture the rockets' red glare this Fourth of July.
It doesn't matter if you have a DSLR or a point-and-shoot — you'll still be able to shoot stunning photographs of the sparks in the sky.
- Camera: Either point-and-shoot or an DSLR.
- Tripod: To keep the camera steady and prevent motion blur.
- Flashlight: To see the camera settings in the dark.
- Wireless Trigger: Not necessary but it helps to prevent camera shake.
The contest's official rules are outlined below:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload your favorite fireworks photo to this article page.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, July 10.
- Each uploader will be entered once, though you may upload as many photos as you desire.
- One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- One (1) winner will receive a $50 gift card to in Brentwood.
- Complete Official Rules are attached as a PDF to this article.