Foundation Grounds is a Maplewood staple. This community coffee shop, located downtown at the corner of Manchester and Marshall, serves organic and fair-trade coffees and has a lively menu of locally-sourced foods. The atmosphere inside is airy and peaceful, perfect for an intimate chat, a quiet read or some quality time with your laptop. The walls are covered with whimsical murals and paintings by local artists and two large front windows let plenty of light in. Some nights, the shop hosts live music. For those who prefer their coffee or lunch al fresco, there are two sidewalk seating areas outside, with cedar picket fences and potted plants shielding them from passers-by. The staff at Foundation Grounds pride themselves on running a green shop, not only by recycling, but also by using biodegradable cups and eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
- Hours: Mon - Sun, 7:00am - 7:00pm.
- Founding Date: 2008
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Coffee, tea, breakfast and lunch.
- Food & dining options: Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.foundationgrounds.com/menu.htm
- Parking: On-street: free
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Newspapers, magazines: Yes