Maplewood Richmond Heights Early Childhood Center
The Early Childhood Center's learning metaphor is "School as Studio," which follows a teaching method started in Reggio Emelia, Italy. The center uses the arts as a learning tool — whether that's through language, sculpture or dance. Instead of using classrooms, students gather in themed learning areas.
The center features two play areas: A traditional playground and an innovative children's park that includes a mini-village with paved walkways for bikes. The school also hosts an art studio, chicken coop and garden for interactive learning.
- Fax: 314-781-1896
- Hours: Regular hours: Daily, 8am - 3:15pm; Early dismissal hours: 8am - 1:25pm
- Founding Date: 1993
- Number of students: 274
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: District accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Grade levels: Pre-k - 1
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Library
- Sports teams: No sports teams.
- Uniforms: No