Mid-County Family YMCA
Mid-County Family YMCA is a full-service family gym with a pool, a fitness center, a gymnasium, an indoor track and racquetball courts. Its early childhood center provides daycare for members' kids.
Classes are available in everything from yoga to Tai Chi, kickboxing to karate, Zumba to bellydancing. Private lessons in swimming and personal training are also available.
The Y has youth leagues in baseball, basketball, football, gymnastics, racquetball, soccer, softball, volleyball and dodgeball. The facility doesn't have outdoor fields or courts, so leagues use fields at local schools.
- Fax: 314-962-1103
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 5am - 10pm; Fri, 5am - 9pm; Sat, 6am - 8pm; Sun, 8am - 6pm
- Founding Date: Established 1931; in Brentwood since 1957
- Membership info: http://www.ymcastlouis.org/mid-county-family-ymca/membership-rates-and-benefits
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Features: Basketball courts, Fitness center, Pool
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Gym, Gymnastic facilities, Running track, Swimming pool, Table tennis, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Game room, Jacuzzi/hot tub, Lockers, Sauna/steam room, Showers, Vending machines
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room, Strength (free weights), Strength (machines), Swimming pool
- Services: Classes, Fitness assessment, Personal training, Towel service
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Body sculpting, Cycling, Martial arts, Pilates, SCUBA diving, Swimming, Weight loss, Yoga
- Pool length: 25 meters
- Diving: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 72
- Average class size: 30
- Number of instructors: 25
- One-on-one instruction: Yes
- What types of athletes are good fits for this league?: Anyone in the community who is up for some casual, friendly competition.
- Genders: Mixed
- Schedule [link]: www.ymcastlouis.org/mid-county-family-ymca/schedules
- Home stadium/field: Youth leagues use local schools' fields.
- Teams: Baseball, basketball, football, gymnastics, racquetball, soccer, softball, volleyball, dodgeball; youth and adult leagues