Special Olympics Missouri (SOMO) provides year-round sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with mental disabilities. SOMO gives particiapants a chance to experience the joys of sports and competition, which can also help build confidence and other valuable life skills. SOMO athletes can participates in a range of Olympic-type sports, including golf, tennis, gymnastics, soccer, track and field, basketball, softball, swimming and volleyball.
- Fax: 314-961-0660
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp
- Founding Date: 1970
- What makes this community special?: St Louis is a genuine community with a large heart and a great spirit willing to help those in need.
- Membership info: Free
- Parking: Free lot
- Competition level: Amateur
- Genders: Mixed
- Are there any interesting historical facts about the team?: 1968: Special Olympics was founded by Mrs. Eunice Kennedy Shriver 1971: Missouri Special Olympics was incorporated as a 501 (c) 3